Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Question about hair repair

  1. #1
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    We are working on fixing up our Dreadlock Molly. I read that Son Of A Gun Vinyl Protectant is a good product for really bad hair. I was going to try this after a good Downey Dunk (my first! I'm excited/nervous) I couldn't find Son of a Gun at K-mart, but I did find another Vinyl Protectant/Cleaner. Can I use that or should I stick to Son of a Gun? Where can I find it? What isle? The man at the store never heard of it.

  2. #2
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    I got it from Walmart in the auto supplies section.
    Polly Marie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is in the automotive care area, in a bright yellow bottle.What brand did you find? Vinylex is supposed to be good too.I love the shine of the SOAG.

    I am sure she will be beautiful in no time. [img]smile.gif[/img] Please post pics. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 05, 2006 06:22 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

  4. #4
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    It's a brand name-Amour All. I looked in auto. The problem is that I went to K-mart which is about 5 minutes away. It is the worst store! I hope other K-marts are better, no wonder they are going out of business. I will just pop into Wal-mart tonight to make sure I get the right kind.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good plan. I like the fact that SOAG does not leave the hair feeling greasy. I am afraid Amour All might, but I honestly don't know.

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by American_Mommy:
    Good plan. I like the fact that SOAG does not leave the hair feeling greasy. I am afraid Amour All might, but I honestly don't know.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If Armor All does the same thing to doll hair it does to cars it will. It leaves this really gross filmy coating on everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •